FICHET BAUCHE CARAT
FICHET's international experience in protection against theft now makes it possible for us to propose our 4th generation safes. The world has seen three major generations of safes:
- Wooden and iron safes (16th century)
- Safes with a metal structure internally filled (end 19th-early 20th century)
- Complex structure safes, invented by FICHET in the middle of the 20th century.
Fichet now offers a new generation: safes with composite structures.
Since its creation, Fichet has constantly invested in research to improve the quality of its safes. Our research centre at Velizy conceives and develops new structures offering ever-increasing defensive capacity. Each new structure is severely tested, both in our laboratories and in official test centres to prove its ability in defeating safe-breakers armed with the most modern tools.
The materials used in the CARAT safe are no exception to this rule: the defensive structure and boltwork have had to satisfy quality criteria in order to guarantee the performance of theses safes.
Computer-assisted design and manufacture, robotics and automated production are all used by Fichet to guarantee cost-effective manufacturing and constant quality assurance in its products. To provide high-quality safes today and design those for tomorrow is our company's policy.
The CARAT series are part of the latest generation of safes developed and tested by Fichet.
Many criteria must be taken into account when selecting a safe:
- The valuables to be protected (which may take many forms, apart from cash)
- The internal volume
- The site
- And, obviously, the crime hazard.
Our specialists will help you analyze and evaluate your risk and advise you on your choice with total discretion. We attach great importance to this service, since a safe must represent the best possible solution to your particular need and must always offer maximum security within its category in order to fully satisfy your requirements.
The greater the risk, the stronger the barrier must be in order to repel even the most violent attacks. Carat safes do the job! They offer the maximum security against attempted theft by highly-skilled professionals. Carat safes resist even the most efficient safe-breaking techniques; be it attacks of "finesse" on the boltwork, or brute force, using powerful electrical, mechanical and thermal cutting tools.
All the defensive walls include 103 mm of "CM5" composite, including the door which has a total thickness of 160 mm. "CM5" is an extremely hard, high-strength heat-resistant composite containing special metallic reinforcements. It forms a solid block on all six faces of the safe.
The composite is poured between two steel sheets and adheres tightly to them. Its ability to withstand very high temperatures and compressive forces makes it the surest protection against powerful thermal cutting tools such as the oxy-acetylene and oxy-arc torches and against mechanical tools such as electric or pneumatic percussion drills. Its defensive capacity is immediate and total from the moment an attempted attacks begins at any point on the walls. The main boltwork is provided with additional protection in the form of high-strength alloy steel shields.
TOP-GRADE CLOSING AND BOLTWORK MECHANISMS
As soon as it is closed the door is locked into the safe body by six 35 mm diameter steel bolts and a dog bolt bar reinforced by heavy-duty gussets; it thus becomes inseparable from the main body of the safe. These sliding steel bolts are fitted on all three sides of the door, i.e. at the top, bottom and the opening side. The hinge side is fixed by a locking bar covering the full height of the door which forms a solid "bolt".
The double rebates on one body and door fit together around all four edges to foil any attempted attack on the bolts. In addition, the staggered rebates they form considerably delay the ingress of hot gases during a fire.
A MAIN "M2i" LOCK AND A "CVS" COMBINATION LOCK
Once closed the bolts are locked in the extended position simply by turning the short key in the main "M2i" lock and scrambling the combination on the "CVS" combination lock.
The boltwork linkages are then locked at various selected points on the inside face of the door, protected by its defensive barrier. Active and passive relocking systems are also integrated into its structure so that if any attempt is mode to force the door, it is automatically and irreversibly locked.
In addition to protecting your property, a safe must always be easy and convenient to use. This is why we have selected a modern aesthetic finish (2-colour finish: grained slate-blue lacquer for the body and ash-grey for the door) for CARAT safes and fitted them with all the following as standard:
- ergonomically-designed handles with an anthracite grey finish,
- an M2i lock operated by a short key,
- a CVS combination lock which, with its visual display, is simple to use, silent and discreet,
- adjustable-height, removable shelves,
- hinges which allow the door to open to 180° giving completely free access to the inside of the safe,
- floor and/or wall anchor points,
- equipment to allow easy installation of an internal alarm (cable run provided in the bottom hinge)
And the following as options:
- on internal cabinet with a security lock to further increase protection and discretion,
- a locking cabinet plinth for models 6 and 12, to bring them up to a more convenient height,
- systems to protect against armed attack and opening under duress: a time lock and programmable time delay lock.
EFFECTIVE PROTECTION AGAINST THEFT AND FIRE PROVED BY OFFICIAL TESTS
Following tests in the CNPP (1) laboratories, CARAT safes were certified by APSAIRD (2) and awarded the A2P (3) label.
A standard model from the series successfully completed a fire test in the CSTB (4) laboratories at Champs-sur-Marne (duration: 1 hour, temperature up to 925°C).
(1) National Protection and Prevention Center (2) General Meeting of the Fire and Other Risks Insurance Association (3) Prevention, Protection, Insurance (4) the Building Industry Technical and Scientific Center.