S L S Jeweller Anti-Torch Safe
The Jeweller is designed to resist attack by oxy-acetylene cutters, drilling force and explosive. Being offered in five sizes it affords a degree of flexibility in that two smaller units can be linked one on top of the other giving double protection on the same area of floor. The three larger sizes can be fitted with a timelock.
The discipline of SLS design demands that body and door are of commensurate strength. Therefore the essential feature of construction of the entire safe is the use of highly resistant materials specially developed over the years by SLS engineers.
The door is designed to prevent intrusion and at the same time protect the mechanisms by which it is held in place. Vital locking areas, the target for drill attack, are protected by Superamics, a new patented SLS composite. High alumina ceramic rods enscapulated into an alloy matrix in a pre-determined geometrical pattern and presented head on to drill bits. The other main material is Zacallum, aluminium cast alloy slab which embodies refractory nuggets of exceptional hardness.
The door is basically a 1 1/2" (38 mm) thick Zacallum slab within the 3/8" (10 mm) thick inner and outer steel plates, Superamics being strategically positioned against drill attack. A Wirand/Zacrete infill completes the 3" (76 mm) thick solid door composite.
The safe body is constructed in such a way as to afford protection against attack by force, oxygen cutters, drills and explosive, having an outer and inner body fabricated of 1/4" (6 mm) steel. Zacalum, an alloy/ceramic cast slab, is used in 1 1/2" (38 mm) thickness to form the 2 piece body shell which around the door aperture is substantially thicker. 1/4" (6 mm) plates line the interior of the body shell. The space between the shell and interior casing is completely filled with Wirand/Zacrete, a high density refractory monolith having strengths in excess of 12,000 lbs. p.s.i. giving an overall solid body thickness of 4.3/4" (121 mm).
Rotating the bolt-operating wheel moves the entire boltwork to engage 1.1/2" (38 mm) diameter steel bolts into deep recesses on all four sides thus making the door integral with the body of the safe. On the smaller sizes fixed dog bolts are provided on the hinge side. Operating either of the two locks then completely immobilises the boltwork making it virtually impossible to force open the door. The hinges serve merely to support the door in the open position. Every SLS safe embodies a further device which again jams the boltwork should a torch or tool attack be launched against either of the locks.
- Two locks are fitted as standard using a 7-lever SLS patented high security anti-drill keylock in conjunction with a 4-wheel keyless combination lock. Anti-drive collars are fitted to each combination lock spindles and no extra is charged for providing a combination lock. As a further safeguard a timelock can be fitted.
- The operation of key, combination or timelock locks the boltwork into a deadlock posture thus maintaining the integrity of the safe since the door cannot be opened. Only when the locks are withdrawn by the correct unlocking procedure, can the boltwork be retracted.
- Further re-locking devices are actuated in the event of a thermic or physical attack. Protecting each lock is a sensitive glass plate to which are attached multi-strand stainless steel wires and when the glass is shattered they are released to engage a spring-loaded locking mechanism which automatically jams the boltwork. These connecting wires are housed in steel tubes, the run of which cannot be known from outside since it is varied from one safe to the next.
- A timelock, when fitted, will also ensure that the boltwork remains positively locked for a pre-determined period. Whilst on guard, for up to 144 hours, this lock prevents the safe from being opened even if the other locks have been unlocked.
- A feature of the SLS safe is the flexibility of internal arrangement made possible by supports on the inside walls. Lockable drawers, adjustable steel shelves and jewellery trays as well as cupboard units and document drawers can be installed as optional extra to the specifications of the client.
- It is this freedom of layout which ensures maxiumum utilisation and convenience for the user. For example with two drawers side by side it is necessary to open the door only 140° to gain access to a drawer in frequent use.
- All safes are prepared for floor anchoring which is strongly recommended.
- The external styling includes a stainless steel fascia panel complimented by an attractive two-tone paint finish. All heavy-range SLS cash safes have the same external appearance, thus giving a casual observer no indication of the quality of the unit.